Adam has been with the firm since 2009 and received his Board Certification in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law in 2015. His practice includes drafting and interpreting Joint Development Agreements, Operating Agreements, Purchase and Sale Agreements, and other documents affecting real property interests in Texas, Wyoming, and Ohio. Adam prepares and reviews original drilling, supplemental, and division order title opinions. He works closely with clients and often advises on day-to-day activities, including business formation, drafting of (and responding to) well proposals and demand letters, negotiating oil and gas leases, and ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the Railroad Commission of Texas. Beyond his transactional practice, Adam is proud to have developed the firm’s receivership practice, for unknown mineral and royalty interests, allowing clients to successfully develop without unnecessary costs or delays. When disagreements arise between operators, non-operators, and/or landowners, Adam applies his expertise to advocate for clients. He has experience litigating the interpretation of provisions found in both oil and gas leases and operating agreements. Adam works hard to ensure the needs of clients are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Prior to attending law school, Adam worked in the oil and gas division of a consulting firm where he spent most of his time in the area of production and revenue accounting. While in law school, and prior to joining the firm as a law-clerk, Adam worked as a legal extern for the Honorable Emilio M. Garza of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, teaching assistant for Dr. Robert Hu, and research assistant for Professor Vincent R. Johnson.
Adam enjoys spending time away from the office with his wife, Suzanne, and their three daughters, Hadley, Hannah, and Harper, or on the nearest golf course.
Connect with Adam on LinkedIn.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2010
- B.S., Business Administration – Finance, cum laude, Texas Lutheran University, 2006
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of Texas, 2010
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of Wyoming, 2018
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of Ohio, 2019
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified – Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, 2015, re-certified 2020
- Alamo Heights Fort Sam Houston Youth Soccer League
- Alamo Heights Little League
- Christ Lutheran Church and Day School
- Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Association of Professional Landmen
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- St. Luke's Lutheran Health Ministries
- Valero Texas Open
- Young Professionals in Energy - San Antonio
- St. Mary’s Law Journal, Associate Editor, 2009 – 2010, Staff Writer, 2008 – 2009
- Certified Mediator, 2010
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity, 2008
- Financial Executives International Scholarship Award, 2005
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business, 2004