Eric is the managing partner of the firm’s Fort Worth office who has worked in the oil and gas industry since 2007. He is Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and currently practices in Texas, New Mexico, Wyoming and Pennsylvania. Besides preparing title opinions, Eric drafts transactional documents affecting real property interests, letters assisting in or analyzing the formation of pooled units, expert opinions for litigation support and handles receiverships.
Eric assists Bankruptcy and Restructuring firms with lien testing, asset valuation and recovery, and Mechanic’s and Materialman’s lien analysis and serves as Efficiency Counsel to various Official Committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcies.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric worked as a Landman in the Eagle Ford and Barnett Shale. His experience in the field has given him an understanding of the needs of our clients and the ability to render “stand-up” title opinions in the courthouse.
Eric moved from San Antonio to Fort Worth in 2017 with his wife, Amanda, and their sons, Eric III, Charles and Joe.
Connect with Eric on LinkedIn.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., History, University of Texas, 2004
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of Texas, 2007
- Licensed to Practice Law by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2015
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of New Mexico, 2017
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of Wyoming, 2018
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified – Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, 2012
- Fort Worth Association of Petroleum Landmen
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Youth Soccer, Baseball, and Basketball Coach
- Texas Exes – Lifetime Member
- Texas Airedale Rescue and Adoption
- Fort Worth Wildcatters
- Coastal Conservation Association – Texas