Matt is a Partner at the firm with a background in land management and field operations. Matt has been with the firm since January of 2012 and became board certified in Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law in 2016. He prepares original drilling, supplemental and division order title opinions as well as various title documents and pooling letters. Matt’s work for the firm concentrates on the preparation and analysis of transactional and contractual documents such as Operating Agreements, Purchase and Sale Agreements, Exchange Agreements, Exploration Agreements, Disposal Agreements and various contracts related to Ranch Real Estate. Additionally, Matt leads the firm in matters involving solar, wind and renewable energy, as well as executing and managing mineral and royalty receiverships for clients. Prior to joining the firm, Matt worked as a field landman in the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale and Eagle Ford Shale trends, obtaining leases, curative documents and performing title searches.
Matt grew up in San Angelo, Texas before attending Texas Tech in Lubbock and then Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth. He enjoys spending time at the family ranch with friends, family and especially his wife Mia and their sons Preston, Foster and Hudson.
Connect with Matt on LinkedIn.
- J.D., Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, 2011
- B.B.A., Energy Commerce and Petroleum Land Management, Texas Tech University, 2008
- Licensed to Practice Law by the State of Texas, 2011
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified – Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, 2016
- Fort Worth Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Tech Alumni Association